Statement from Principal Cindy A. Jarvis, M.A.
Here is some information as we approach the start of school on September 9th (September 8th for kinders). I have had many emails and phone calls regarding our plan to return and I’m pleased to say that we are still on track for 5 days a week on campus. As you may know, we have a comprehensive plan in place for the school year that complies with the LA County Dept of Health. Rest assured that we are C19 compliant with the safety of our students and staff as a priority. We have been working hard here at SFSCS to get ready for September. In addition to our brand new playground, we installed two new water fountains in April that are touchless with chilled, purified water. In addition, we are diligently cleaning our campus daily and disinfecting our classrooms and restrooms. I am looking forward to providing an amazing learning environment for all our students in the Fall. Please know that I have been praying for your families during this time. May God continue to bless you as we work together in educating your student.
“We are many, but in Christ we are all one body. Each one is a part of that body.” Romans 12:5
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Cindy A. Jarvis, M.A.
Santa Fe Springs Christian School
Covid-19 Compliant Safety Measures
- Spaced desks apart in the classroom (6 feet or more)
- Removed furniture from classrooms to accommodate more space
- Put up desk dividers (test taking type)
- Teachers will wear a clear face shield
- Students will be asked to bring a face mask, we will ask students to put a face mask on when they are in close proximity to others
- Students will have separate recess play zones
- Classes will stay together all day and not mingle amongst other classes
- No sharing of food: spread out at the lunch tables
- Wash hands after every recess and hand sanitizer used throughout the day, when entering or exiting classrooms
- Temperature taken of each child prior to entering campus
- One entrance only at the daycare room
- No visitors on campus
- We are planning on being on campus 5 days a week
*A comprehensive written copy of this plan is available for viewing in the school office.